You may be wondering if you need a parasite cleanse if you’ve been dealing with health issues for a long period of time. If you have gone through seasons of healing leaky gut, adrenal fatigue, autoimmunity, SIBO, detoxing mold, or treating candida, but still deal with reoccurring health issues, parasites could be an underlying issue for you. Parasite infections often mimic other illnesses and health issues and need to be addressed for the body to rebalance.
“If you have a pulse, you have a parasite”
There is a common (and xenophobic) misconception that parasites are only found in developing countries. Parasites can be contracted many common places from water to pets.
Some signs and symptoms you may have a parasite infection:
- Gallbladder and bile duct disease
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
- Itching around your anus
- Leaky gut
- Low blood sugar
- Muscle and joint pain
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Skin rashes like eczema and rosacea
- Teeth grinding
- Weak immunity
- Weight loss
I bolded the most common symptoms I see in my 1:1 nutrition practice. Folks with autoimmune disease are more likely to have bodies that allow parasites to thrive due weakened immune systems, improper amounts of stomach acid, systems over burdened with toxins, etc.
Where do you get parasites?
- Food: undercooked meat and seafood and raw fruits and vegetables can have parasites.
- Water: you can contract parasites swimming in contaminated lakes, streams, and ponds, and you can get them from your drinking water (even some municipal water sources).
- Soil: Hookworm and whipworm can be found in soil. Wear shoes when you’re walking anywhere that animals poop!
- Pets: You can get parasites from handling kitty litter or being licked by your dog.
- Blood transfusions
- Surfaces: Toys, bedding, door handles, and other objects can have parasites or parasite eggs, particularly tiny pinworm eggs. This is a common outbreak we see in childcare centers.
- Toilets: Pinworms can stick to toilet seats and can contaminate other objects in the restroom.
- Other people: If someone is infected and doesn’t wash their hands well after using the restroom, they could pass parasites to you. Also, an infected mother can transmit certain parasites to her unborn child.
The most common tests for parasites are stool tests and blood tests, however, parasites are stealthy little creatures and can be difficult to find. It’s common to get a false negative. If you have been dealing with autoimmunity and health issues for a long period of time, it’s safe to assume you have parasites and could benefit from a parasite cleanse.
It’s possible to get rid of parasites even without a proper diagnosis (I didn’t have one and have passed more than I can count!). You can eliminate parasites with the following natural supplements, dietary support, and lifestyle changes:
- Eat a clean and unprocessed diet.
- Support your drainage pathways to make sure toxins are moving out of your body.
- Remove parasites with targeted herbs.
- Remove lingering toxins with binders.
I have dealt with symptoms of inflammation most of my life from severe depression and anxiety to the development of two autoimmune diseases. Despite seeing several functional doctors over the years, no one ever thought to look to parasites. While I was able to put my autoimmune diseases into remission and come off anti-depressants after 15 years of being medicated thanks to the AIP diet, I always felt like something was still a little bit off because I had elevated heavy metal levels that wouldn’t budge, a liver that felt stagnant despite perfect labs, and a severe sensitivity to mold.
After targeting parasites and toxins using Cellcore Biosciences comprehensive program, my lead levels came down significantly, my stool was more digested than it ever had been, and I was able to tolerate more foods. I still do quarterly full moon cleanses and am feeling so much better.
Are you interested in a parasite cleanse?
I work 1:1 with clients to help them navigate parasite cleansing. You can do a 3 month program with me, or go the DIY route after an initial consultation.