Raise your hand if you’re busy AF and can’t be bothered with meal prep! Okay, my hand isn’t up because meal prep is basically the most important thing when you’re working on healing. It allows you to have nutrient-dense, properly prepared meals that are bursting with flavor. Who doesn’t want that?
If you struggle with an autoimmune condition, you definitely want to implement an elimination diet to help you heal. Meal prep is the key to being successful at that. Whether you have hashimotos, alopecia, inflammatory bowel disease, lupus, or any other autoimmune issue, your primary focus should be reducing inflammation. Eventually you’ll be able to reintroduce foods because you’ve started to heal, but the elimination process is crucial to getting started.
The diet I use with my clients who have an autoimmune condition is the Autoimmune Paleo Diet because of its ability to reduce inflammation. This AIP stir fry recipe fits the Autoimmune Paleo build and is great for meal prep.
I used to really miss going to Chinese food/thai restaurants with my husband because it was an easy night out when we didn’t feel like cooking. This AIP stir fry recipe is *almost* as easy as going out (especially if you meal prep by pre-chopping your veggies and making the AIP stir fry sauce on the weekend!).
Once your sauce is ready and your veggies are cut, this meal will be ready in less time than you would have had to wait for it at a restaurant.
I love putting the AIP stir fry sauce on top of garlicky cauliflower rice, which can be whipped up in about 5 minutes.
Easy AIP Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 tbsp olive oil use sesame oil if you aren't AIP for added flavor
- 1 cup carrots thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion sliced
- 1 cup AIP Stir Fry Sauce optional, see notes
- 2 Boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro optional
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Place the chicken in the pan and brown 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside to cool, then slice into strips
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a pan over high heat then add the vegetables
- Sautee the vegetables until they begin to soften (about 3-5 minutes)
- Add the sliced chicken and pre-made stir fry sauce to the pan and continue to cook another 2-3 minutes
- Plate the stir fry and top with cilantro for garnish
Check out my recipe and others featured on the AIP Recipe Roundtable!