Apple Cinnamon Paleo Noatmeal is perfect for anyone paleo, autoimmune paleo, or otherwise looking for a low carb breakfast solution!
ALERT! ALERT! Finding breakfast options when you’re on the autoimmune paleo diet is literally the worst. When I first got started, I basically just ate skillet meals every day of the week. Man, I missed the simplicity of oatmeal or pouring a box of cereal into a bowl. Meat for breakfast isn’t a bad thing, per-say, but it does get boring after a while. Enter Apple Cinnamon Paleo Oatmeal.
Can You Eat Oatmeal on a Paleo Diet?
Nope. That’s why this paleo oatmeal is made with cauliflower instead of oats. Oats aren’t allowed on the paleo diet because they’re a grain and an anti-nutrient. Eaten in high doses, their lectin content can break down your intestinal lining. That paired with the fact they bind to minerals in your body makes it a food we avoid while on a healing protocol.
What is paleo oatmeal?
Paleo oatmeal is a delicious combination of some of your favorite paleo staples. It includes cauliflower, coconut milk, shredded apples, raisins, cinnamon, and collagen powder for an added boost of protein. Throw these ingredients together in a pan and you have a delicious oatmeal/porridge to enjoy before you start your day. Yum!
How should I store paleo oatmeal?
I love saving it in individual containers so they can be easily reheated. If you’re against microwaving, warm it up in a bath of hot water. If you use a microwave, just put it in there for approximately two minutes. You may want to add a bit more liquid to it if you like it to be a thinner consistency.
Does this apple cinnamon paleo noatmeal taste like real oatmeal?
Yes! The texture is very oatmeal-ish. It’s the closest autoimmune paleo substitute I’ve found since going AIP. If you’re not AIP, I recommend adding in some additional texture like hemp hearts, flaxseed meal, and chia seeds!
You May Also Like
Apple Cinnamon Paleo Oatmeal
- 2.5 cups cauliflower rice fresh
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 16 oz full-fat coconut milk canned
- 1 cup apple of choice shredded
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp raisins optional
- 2 tbsp honey optional
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp collagen optional
- heat coconut oil in a sauce pan until melted
- Add cauliflower and sautee over medium heat until it begins to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Taste to make sure it's soft!
- Add the coconut flour and stir to combine
- Afterwards, add in the coconut milk and stir to combine until it starts to lightly bubble on the edges
- Add the cinnamon, apple, collagen, salt, vanilla, and honey (if using), stir and bring to a bubble again
- Scoop the n'oatmeal into two bowls and serve with additional honey, raisins, apple slices, and any other toppings you like!