If you’re looking for a simple AIP meal prep recipe, you just found it!
This Sheet Pan Steak Meal Prep Recipe with Vegetables is a perfect to prep on the weekends or as a weeknight meal when you’re feeling exhausted. It’s ready in under 30 minutes and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I love to eat it with this cauliflower rice to round things out and soak up some of the delicious flavor!
If you’re planning to eat this as a dinner recipe one night, I recommend marinating the steak on Sunday and letting it hang out in the flavors for a few days before you cook it on a weeknight. Prepping your veggies ahead of time always makes things easier, too! Store them separately so the veggies don’t begin to get soggy.
How do I make sheet pan dinners?
It’s super easy! You basically just have to marinate the ingredients and put them down on the pan, then bake! In this recipe, the vegetables do need to cook before you throw the steak on, but it’s easy enough to put it in.
I used broccoli and onions for the veggies, but you could easily swap those out for cauliflower, bell peppers (AIP reintroduction), thinly sliced carrots, or any other veggie you love. I’m all about using your kitchen intuition to adjust recipes and make them what you want.
If you tolerate soy, you’re welcome to swap out the coconut aminos for soy sauce. I choose to avoid soy due to my own sensitivity to it, but you don’t necessarily have to if it works for your body. I always recommend buying organic, though, as soy crops are highly sprayed with pesticides and
Why are sheet pan dinners the best for meal prep?
I love this sheet pan steak meal prep recipe because you simply add all the ingredients to a single dish. If you want to make cleanup faster, consider putting down parchment paper before you bake the ingredients. After everything is cooked and you’ve divided your meal into dishes, you can place the parchment paper in your compost bin, give the pan a quick rinse, and set it to dry. There’s no fuss!
My favorite meals involve one pan, and that’s exactly what you’re getting with this recipe (aside from the dish you use to marinate!). I get that meal prep can be time consuming but I want it to go faster for you. One of the best ways to make that go more quickly is by minimizing the amount of dishes you have to wash!
How can you make meal prep even easier?
My go-to tips for meal prep are:
- Cut all your veggies ahead of time
- Purchase pre-cut veggies when your budget allows
- Make one pan dishes for easy clean up
- Make several recipes that use the same temperature in the oven so you can cook several dishes at once
- Soups are usually easy to make and store well (I like this Paleo Chicken Soup)
- Make one meat dish (like this Roasted Chicken or Pulled Pork recipe) and add it to salads throughout the week
Meal prep doesn’t have to be daunting! Throw on your favorite podcast and get cookin’, girlfriend!
Sheet Pan Steak Recipe
- baking sheet
- 3/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 3 cups broccoli cut into bite size chunks
- 1.5 cups red onion cut into chunks
- 2 lbs 1 inch thick sirloin steaks patted dry and lightly salted
- combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until all ingredients are coated with the marinade
- Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours (optional but helps the flavors sink in!)
- Preheat the oven to broil
- Put all ingredients on a baking sheet in a single layer
- Place in the oven and broil until the steak is browned (about 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare) or until desired doneness
- Let rest for 3-5 minutes
- Serve immediately with cauliflower rice